tourist visas are normally processed within 48 hours upon the
submission of the visa application form to the Embassy. With a view to
facilitating the visitors, the visa application form and the important
information for visa are available in the Embassy's website.
The working hour of the Embassy is 09:00-17:00 hrs from Monday to Friday with a lunch break at 13:00-14:00
and the visa hour is 10:00-12:00hrs. If you need to make phone calls regarding visa, please do so during the visa hours. The nearest tube station is Notting
Hill Gate (click here).
Visa Application Form
To Download Printable form click here
- Once the visa is issued, it will not be amended, revalidated and visa fees will not be refunded.
- Personal cheques and credit cards are not accepted for visa fees.
- Visitors may also obtain tourist visa at following arrival points in Nepal:
- Tribhubhan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu
- Belhiya, Bhairahawa
- Visa fees at arrival points: 15 days=$25, 30 days=$40, 90 days=$100
- If applicant wishes to obtain visa on arrival, two pp sized photographs should be presented
- Nationals of the following countries must apply for a tourist visa through Nepalese Embassies as they do not get visas on arrival at the entry points of Nepal mentioned above
Travel Document holders should apply for a tourist visa at the Nepalese Embassy.
Please send your application as per the requirements mentioned below to Consular Section, Embassy of Nepal, 12 A Kensington Palace Garden, London W8 4QU.
Following types of tourist visas may be obtained from this Embassy:
Type of Visa
Visa Valid for
Children under the age of 10 shall be issued with a visit visa free of cost.
Six months from the date of issue. The validity of visa dates are counted from the date of arrival in Nepal.
A tourist visa can be extended from the Department
of Immigration and Pokhara Immigration Office for a total of 120 days.
An additional 30 days visa may be granted on reasonable grounds from the
Department. Over the course of a visa year, a tourist cannot stay in Nepal
more than cumulative 150 days.
- Valid Passport (with a validity of a minimum period of six months)
- Duly completed Visa application form.
- One PP size Photograph.
- Visa fees may be paid in cash, by Postal Order or Bank Draft made payable to the Embassy of Nepal.
Note: If paying by cash, the applicant or their representative must be present at the Embassy of Nepal
- If you are applying by post, please send a prepaid Self Addressed Envelope with recorded mail. (Only for applicants within UK)
- Visa applications made in person need 24 hours processing time.
- Application by post may take upto two weeks to be processed.
Note: If you are applying from Iceland, Ireland or Malta, you must send a bank draft payable to the Embassy of Nepal for visa fee and to cover the postage charge.
For more information, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org