Telephone enquiry regarding PASSPORTS/TRAVEL DOCUMENTS/VISA times
Monday - Friday (15:00 to 17:00hrs)
Telephone enquiry number (02072291594 Extension 206, 207 & 216)
Visa section opening & closing times
Monday - Friday (10:00 - 12:00hrs)
The nearest Tube Station is Notting Hill Gate(Exit 1).
tourist visas are normally processed within 48 hours upon the
submission of the visa application form to the Embassy.
Visa Application Form
To Download Printable form click here
- Duly completed Visa application form.
- Valid Passport (with a validity of a minimum period of six months).
- One PP size Photograph.
- If applying in person at the embassy, please bring your passport and cash for the visa fee - cards/personal cheques are not accepted.
- If applying by post, you MUST send your passport with your application.
- If applying by post, please enclose postal order or bank draft made payable to 'Embassy of Nepal' for the visa fee
- If applying by post, please enclose a Self Addressed Envelope with (Recorded delivery) stamp with the application
- Visa applications made in person need 24 hours processing time.
- Application by post may take upto two weeks to be processed.
Note: If you are applying from Iceland, Ireland or Malta, you must send a bank draft payable to the Embassy of Nepal for visa fee and to cover the postage charge.
Following types of tourist visas may be obtained from this Embassy:
Children under the age of 10 shall be issued with a visit visa free of cost.
Type of Visa
Visa Valid for
- Once the visa is issued, it will not be amended, revalidated and visa fees will not be refunded.
- Personal cheques and credit cards are not accepted for visa fees.
- Visitors may also obtain tourist visa at following arrival points in Nepal:
- Tribhubhan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu
- Belhiya, Bhairahawa
- Visa fees at arrival points: 15 days=$25, 30 days=$40, 90 days=$100
- If applicant wishes to obtain visa on arrival, two pp sized photographs should be presented
- Nationals of the following countries must apply for a tourist visa through Nepalese Embassies as they do not get visas on arrival at the entry points of Nepal mentioned above
Travel Document holders should apply for a tourist visa at the Nepalese Embassy.
Please send your application as per the requirements mentioned below to Consular Section, Embassy of Nepal, 12 A Kensington Palace Garden, London W8 4QU.
Six months from the date of issue. The validity of visa dates are counted from the date of arrival in Nepal.
A tourist visa can be extended from the Department
of Immigration and Pokhara Immigration Office for a total of 120 days.
An additional 30 days visa may be granted on reasonable grounds from the
Department. Over the course of a visa year, a tourist cannot stay in Nepal
more than cumulative 150 days.
Non-Residential Nepalese Visa:
1.If any foreigner of Nepalese origin residing in foreign country wish to reside or conduct business, profession or Study, teach in any subject in Nepal, non-residential Nepalese visa may be issued to him and of his family.
2. An application in the format under Appendix 3a may be submitted through Nepalese mission located in the foreign country or directly to the Department for the visa pursuant to Sub-rule (1).
3. The visa pursuant to Sub-rule (1) may be issued for up to 10 years at one time, and such visa may be extended as per necessity.
4. The format of non-residential Nepalese visa shall be under Appendix 3b.
For Rules and Appendix Please see link below
Immigration office, Nepal
For other category of visas please visit following link
Immigration office, Nepal
For more information, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org